Sunday, December 28, 2014

Day 6: Homebound

After spending most of the night talking to Hyman and Young or as they like to be called Hymdiesel and Youngjeezy, I had to get up at 7:30 AM to prepare to spend about a week and a half home. I made a list of things that I will need coming back to the house, packed up my laptop, charging cords, and put all my laundry into the basket by the door. I got up extra early. I did not feel like I slept because of the noise the closed vent in my room made. It was like a white noise machine and canceled the outside which was great, but I did not feel like I slept at all. I showered and got changed. When I came out, Hyman was in the hall, he wanted to troll Young by shouting, "YEAH DADDY!" at 8AM to wake her up. So mean.

I went downstairs put the recycling out in the bin since my bottled water drinking habit just filled up the recycling bucket we have in the kitchen. I drank my Suja green juice and ate my fruit in the kitchen. Apparently Hyman thought I already left, so when he was getting ready to leave, he was scared by the sight of me in the kitchen. This I found utterly hilarious since he has been scaring me all week when he comes out of the darkness. Young has scared me once in my week at the house and Hyman has scared me at least 3 times. He scares me to a point where I scream and fall to my bottom. Clearly, I have no survival skills.

I left the house with my Suja juice in my tote (it was not very delicious but I powered through since I needed the veggies and fruit). I got to the house about 10 minutes before 9AM and A's mom talked to me about the routine, snacks, and what time they would be back. They left the house around 9:30 AM and would be back around 1PM. A is two years old and really cute. She loved playing with legos, watching Disney Junior, and PBS kids on her iPad. Around 11AM, a pest control worker showed up at the house, I did not know what to do, so I called the dad, who didn't answer. Luckily Mom answered, but she had no idea what was happening. So, yeah that was the first time that has ever happened to me. But hanging out with A was a lot of fun, she was really easy going.

I left around 1PM to go home and eat my dad's homecooking since I was utterly starving. I got home by 1:50PM and no one was home but our cleaning lady, Ana. So I called up my cousin, Jonathan that I was supposed to met at 3PM to come over early since no one was home to greet me. I went over there to make these awesome shirts for our family's annual Christmas gift exchange. Jonathan and I went to Michael's and McDonalds to get supplies for the shirt. Well, the McDonalds was because we were starving. We ate at watched Christmas Carol with Jim Carey, and I fell asleep for about an hour and a half.

We started working on the shirt. It was going to say "Merry Christmas" with a picture from last year's get together. Too bad that Jonathan's printer ran out of ink. So we had to go to Target to get some printer ink; we ran into more family members at Target getting last minute gifts for each other. It was cool. Jon and I returned to his house to make three iron on shirts for him, my brother and myself. They were ironed onto bright neon green shirts.

 Jonathan with the shirt we made
2013's Family photo (I am not in it)

My favorite part of wearing these shirts besides the fact that they are bright green was that I'm not in the picture. I think Jon wants to continue this tradition of making shirts, but wants to make them for everyone next year. 

2014 Family Picture with the shirts

For dinner, I went home with my family to have Five Guys since my mom has never had it before. Sigh, it is just so good. 

I am not sure if you guys want to read about my week at home, so I might just do one big post about it since it isn't that exciting. 


Post a Comment