Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 20: Salty Risotto

I am currently blogging from home on a Saturday night so... super behind in schedule. I honestly don't remember much about Wednesday besides the bigger aspects: the killer work out Young and I did and the disgustingly salty risotto I made.

I have made quinoa risotto before, so I thought that I didn't need a recipe. But wow, it was a killer I feel so bad that I not only was cocky about making it and offered to make it for dinner for Young and myself; I offered some to Hyman as well. It was gross, I was offended when they told me it was good. They are clearly liars and don't want to hurt my feelings. It makes me think, "What else have they lied to me about?!"  Well I figured out that my chicken stock was salty and it didn't help that I added more salt before tasting the food.Life Lesson: Always taste your cook as you cook. Weight watchers will explain that you shouldn't and if you do you need to track, but wow. Always, always taste your food because if you don't want to eat the food why would any one else? Sadly, that night I did not want to eat my own food, it was gross my dinner that night did not get touched.

Our work out was a Turbo Fire HIIT 15, which is 15 minutes of per death. Just heart pumping anaerobic work outs. On top of that we did a PiYo: Upper Body Define, I am still feeling the after effects of this work out. It has been 4 days. I don't think it is normal but wow. It was a killer. I am actually enjoying the fact that I am working out more and trying to be healthy. I think I need to be more independent about working out just in case Young can't work out or our timing does not match up. I have a FitBit Charge HR and I haven't had a consistent 10K steps a day yet. I hit it once in a while when I work out but I don't normally hit it. I think I should try to either working out 30 minutes a day or walking/running/ biking 3 miles a day. I feel like saw that goal somewhere like: Every day do 3 miles or 30 minutes. If any of my readers have a FitBit and want to be my friend you can use my email to add me, I believe my username is KimTruongIll. I accept all friend requests.

I feel like I am so much lazier at my parent's house than I am at my house in Severn. But I have no work out equipment here. I guess it is just my mindset at home, I am a princess at home so princesses don't have to work out. But I am changing my mindset. I am going to work out tomorrow... I really am... right? Ugh self doubt gets me a lot of the time. I am trying to be more positive.... Sometimes it works and sometimes I tell myself, "Kim you are the the fail princess."

0 comments:

Post a Comment